Here’s some tips on how to stay healthy. This is especially important for all of you freshmen who just went or are about to go off to college.
- Eat 4 or 5 meals a day. If your still doing the breakfast, lunch, and dinner thing, that’s good. However, try to eat less for these meals and add another 1 or 2 meals in a day. Eating more frequently helps keep off weight
- Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day at least 5 days a week. If you don’t have a gym membership, go get one. Not only can you keep the weight off at the gym, you can meet other people. If just can’t afford a gym membership take a walk, run, or go for a bike ride. If you’re worried about the weather, buy a treadmill or exercise bike.
- Eat foods that you know are healthy for you, especially fruits and vegetables. If you don’t know how to cook take the time to, it’s really not that hard.
- Get outside and get some sun. It can help with your complexion and skin. Don’t burn yourself though, that will give you skin cancer.
- Stop smoking and quit drinking. If you really want to be a social drinker, that’s fine, just don’t binge. Getting drunk should not be what college life, it’s not healthy and your going to gain weight.
- Do NOT have any unnecessary surgeries such as wisdom teeth removal.
- Stretch and don’t be overly competitive. If you’re going to exercise remember to stretch and don’t go out 110% unless you’re making money for it. ACL injuries are serious and occur in sports such as basketball, football, and soccer.