I have previously discussed how Austin Stone was left in a coma after having his wisdom teeth removed.
Recently, I have seen that Megan Rae Comstock several years ago suffered from permanent brain damage as a result of an overdose of sedation while having her wisdom teeth removed.
Specifically it appears that her brain was deprived of essential oxygen during the oral surgery which lead to the brain injury and damage. This is believed to have occurred due to the oral surgeon giving Megan more than the recommended amount of sedation during the procedure.
It is quoted that Megan “went from being an accomplished pianist and equestrienne to one who is now challenged in these and in many other areas.”
It is very unfortunate that complications from wisdom teeth removal can lead to brain damage which is a very serious problem especially at a young age like Megan. To learn more about the case and legal matters that followed I encourage you to read http://www.leagle.com/unsecure/page.htm?shortname=intxco20100831804 and http://www.9thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/opinions/htmlopinion.asp?OpinionID=9207